Financial Advisors: Allowable Malpractice Part 1
There are at least 9 completely unethical things that are perfectly legal for your advisor to do to you. In any other industry, well except used car sales.. these would be considered malpractice. Empower yourself to catch your advisor using these schemes against you. I’ll cover 1-4 in this episode, 5-9 tomorrow.
Included in this episode:
- Financial Advisors are allowed to lie about returns.
- Financial Advisors are allowed to lie about other products and strategies
- Financial Advisors; joker brokers, are allowed to put all of your eggs in one basket.
- The good guys are not allowed to do this forcing you to either take unnecessary risks or earn very low returns.
- Financial Advisors are allowed to hide fees
- Listen to episode 004 – Is Your Advisor Smarter than a Fifth Grader
- Listen to episode 007 – Surrender Penalties – The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
- Listen to episode 008 – Using Mutual Funds is the Mother of All Financial Mistakes
- Get the best retirement recommendations by contacting Charlie on the contact page.
- If this episode and concept interests you at all, visit www.TalkWithCharlie.com to schedule a time to speak with Charlie in person
- Listen to the Renovating Retirement Podcast on a computer at www.ListenToCharlie.com
- Listen to Charlie on iTunes and Libsyn
- Watch all of Charlie’s educational videos at www.WatchCharlie.com
- Read the books Charlie has written at www.LearnFromCharlie.com
Charlie, your host:
“Charlie Jewett is an Author, Speaker, Podcast Host, Consumer Advocate, and Investment Advisor from San Diego, Ca. Charlie has spent the last eleven years trying to change the way the industry professionals and consumers think about Retirement. Charlie provides education materials that help people to create their own financial plans and offers services to protect consumers from the bad guys in the Financial Services Industry.”