What Is Mortgage Planning and Why You Should Care
This is where I started my career as a Financial Educator eleven years ago. An expert in Mortgage Planning, which is using mortgages to create a better retirement, trained me personally over about a twelve-month period. The mortgage is the most powerful tool in retirement planning and personal finances. You will not believe what the mortgage can do to lower risk, increase, returns, increase retirement income, increase long-term care, take better care of a spouse if you pass away etc. This episode will introduce a series I’m doing on Mortgage Planning.
Included in this episode:
- The extent of the mortgage planning most people hear others say is you should pay off your mortgage… this is not true!
- Why do people hate mortgages so much?
- Before the depression, we didn’t have 30-year fixed mortgages
- The depression hurt the banks, it hurts people!
- The rule changed, which changed everything!
- The 30-year fixed mortgage
- If paying interest is bad, then banks and insurance companies are doing everything wrong!
- Banks exist to pay interest, they try to get INTO debt
- They use arbitrage (borrow low, lend high!)
- Become my Patron and learn how to be on my podcast!
- Get the best retirement recommendations by contacting Charlie on the contact page.
- If this episode and concept interests you at all, visit www.TalkWithCharlie.com to schedule a time to speak with me in person
- Want to listen to episodes using minutes instead of data? Call 1(701) 719-9877 to listen!
- Listen to the Renovating Retirement Podcast on a computer at www.ListenToCharlie.com
- Listen to Episodes on iTunes and Libsyn
- Watch all of my educational videos at www.WatchCharlie.com
- Read the books I’ve written at www.LearnFromCharlie.com
Charlie, your host:
“Charlie Jewett is an Author, Speaker, Podcast Host, Consumer Advocate, and Investment Advisor from San Diego, Ca. Charlie has spent the last eleven years trying to change the way the industry professionals and consumers think about Retirement. Charlie provides education materials that help people to create their own financial plans and offers services to protect consumers from the bad guys in the Financial Services Industry.”