Keeping Your Money – Keeping it Global
Keeping your money – keeping it global is the second episode of an 8-part series based on a book I am writing.
- Keep it in focus (What are we doing and why are we doing it?)
- Keep it global (merit)
- Keep it real (average vs. actual)
- Keep it working (hep and bank money)
- Keep it big (indexed and global)
- Keep it all (fees, IULs, Roth conversions and tax stripping)
- Keep it collateralized (policy loans)
- Keep it in the family (LTC, estate planning, and legacy planning)
Included in this episode:
Global; integrated or holistic…….basically keep it working together rather than having the separate parts of your financial plan fighting each other.
To move forward you want to take your foot off of the brake pedal and put it on the gas pedal. Imagine putting one foot on each and pressing at the same time? Unfortunately most financial plans today work something like that where the investment strategy is creating huge tax consequences or the mortgage strategy is lowering rate of return and creating unnecessary risk.
What is MERIT Planning?
Mortgage Plan, Estate Plan, Retirement Plan, Insurance Plan, and Tax Plan
MERIT Planning is the third part in my three part model for how to have an amazing retirement lifestyle. You first need to Build It, then Test It then Make it Better or Improve it.
To build it we use the Three INs process or the retirement plan that never fails. IN Case, IN Come then IN Crease. This is a process where you first start with how much money you have.
Lets say it’s one million dollars, and you have to decide how much of that 1,000,000 should go to emergency funds, how much should go to producing a paycheck for you once you quit working and then how much is left for growth to cover inflation, healthcare costs and to leave behind as an inheritance.
- Become my Patron and learn how to be on an episode of the Renovating Retirement Podcast!
- Get the best retirement recommendations by contacting Charlie on the contact page.
- If this episode and concept interests you at all, visit www.TalkWithCharlie.com to schedule a time to speak with me in person
- Want to listen to episodes using minutes instead of data? Call 1(701) 719-9877 to listen!
- Listen to the Renovating Retirement Podcast on a computer at www.ListenToCharlie.com
- Listen to Episodes on iTunes and Libsyn
- Watch all of my educational videos at www.WatchCharlie.com
- Read the books I’ve written at www.LearnFromCharlie.com
Charlie, your host:
“Charlie Jewett is an Author, Speaker, Podcast Host, Consumer Advocate, and Investment Advisor from San Diego, Ca. Charlie has spent the last eleven years trying to change the way the industry professionals and consumers think about Retirement. Charlie provides education materials that help people to create their own financial plans and offers services to protect consumers from the bad guys in the Financial Services Industry.”