Portfolio Stress Testing: What We Can Learn from Crash Test Dummies
No one is allowed to drive a car until the crash test dummies “stress test” the car and make sure you will have the greatest chance of survival. I’m going to show you how to do the same thing for your portfolio!
- How to stress test the entire plan as a whole
- How to stress test each piece individually
- How to stress just your portfolio of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds to know exactly what you would gain or lose in over 84 possible economic situations.
Included in this episode:
- You should not be using real money and hard-earned assets to put them at risk until you stress test them ahead of time
- I explain how to build a Real Financial Plan that will pass the stress test
- Three types of money IN-Case IN-Come, and IN-Crease
- If you’re someone that must absolutely have the risk in your life and you need the stocks bonds and portfolios for excitement, I show you how to stress test a portfolio as well!
- Recap: The Five Lives of Retirement
- Get the best retirement recommendations by contacting Charlie on the contact page.
- If this episode and concept interests you at all, visit www.TalkWithCharlie.com to schedule a time to speak with me in person
- Listen to the Renovating Retirement Podcast on a computer at www.ListenToCharlie.com
- Listen to Charlie on iTunes and Libsyn
- Watch all of my educational videos at www.WatchCharlie.com
- Read the books I’ve written at www.LearnFromCharlie.com
Charlie, your host:
“Charlie Jewett is an Author, Speaker, Podcast Host, Consumer Advocate, and Investment Advisor from San Diego, Ca. Charlie has spent the last eleven years trying to change the way the industry professionals and consumers think about Retirement. Charlie provides education materials that help people to create their own financial plans and offers services to protect consumers from the bad guys in the Financial Services Industry.”